Friday, May 22, 2009

The story of the strudel trap & the stupid man...

So earlier this week I'm running late to work (as usual) trying to make it out of the house in the morning... I've got my purse & lunch box on my shoulder, a plate of strawberry Toaster Strudels in one hand and a Yoo Hoo in the other (yes, this pregnancy has brought on an unusual craving for Yoo Hoos!!)... anyhoo... I'm in the garage, making my way to the passanger side of my car to load my stuff in, when low and behold the HUGE golfing net my Sweet Wormie has propped against the garage wall FALLS ON TOP OF ME & BABY ANNISTON- trapping us against my car!!!! (no this was not the 1st time this has happened to me-sadly!) ... I was like a cagged rhino... I couldn't get out of there- and I was NOT letting go of the strudels or the Yoo Hoo to make it out!!! For a split second, I had a vision of me giving up the fight and just sitting down on the garage floor to have our breakfast, but eventually, while wrestling with the net, I droppped one of my toaster strudels on the garage floor!! {grrr!}>=[ I WAS SO FURIOUS!!! (not at me for being clumsy and bumping into the net-but angry at my husband for putting it there- of course!)... anyhoo, after the strudel dropped on the floor, I just stared at it contemplating my next move... (pre-pregnancy, I would have thrown them away and gone without breakfast for the morning, but we had to think about Little Baby Anniston! She can't live on Yoo Hoos alone!) By this time, I had past the "10-second rule" and ended up picking it up anyway and putting it back on the plate after I dusted the bottom off... THANK GOD it landed icing-side up! The other strudel was fine. There was a little icing that got stuck on the net, but it was still edible without question!
I finally made it out of there alive and was on my way to work, but after eating the 1st strudel, the guilt started to set in and I couldn't bring myself to make Sweet Anniston eat the one that fell on the floor! ... boy did I sure think about it though!
Here's a picture of the death trap in the garage so everyone can have a nice mental image of me & baby trapped inside against the car...



Later on in the week this stupid man at work really kinda hurt my feelings! The conversation went something like this...

Stupid man: "So Jayne, when is your last day?"

Me: "Do you mean, when am I due?"

Stupid man: "Yeah, that's what I meant. When is your baby due?"
Me: " I'm due August 31st"
Stupid man: "WOW! So you mean to tell me you have another 3 months to go!?... WOW, ARE YOU HAVING TRIPLETS?!"
Me: ?????? {WTF?!} nervous/annoyed laughter was all that could come out of my mouth!

Luckily, there was another guy I work with that heard the whole thing go down (his wife just had a baby and we talk a lot about baby stuff) ... so he helped smooth things over... He told the Stupid man that he just stuck his foot in his mouth and gave him a really hard time about it... so that made me feel better! :) ... but the more I kept thinking about it, I have been really self-conscious about my baby weight since :( ...
I'm sorry, but you just don't say stuff like that to a pregnant lady!!!!! :( Just tell us how beautiful we are and that our baby weight is all belly- no matter how swollen our ankles are or how much weight we've gained every where else!!!!

Nursery update:
We finally got our paint colors picked out and Sweet Wormie started painting this week. He is such a trooper!... Me and Baby Anniston couldn't really help paint because of the fumes, so he painted the nursery all by himself... he did it all on Tuesday and Thursday night after work!
Now the next step is to paint the chair rail and install that... Hopefully we (er, Sweet Wormie) will do that this weekend :)
Anyhoo... we gotta go to bed... We are babysitting our 18 month old nephew, Owen, tomorrow through Sunday while Chris and Melissa go to KY lake. This will be the first time Jeremy and I have done an overnight with a little one on our own so this should be good practice! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment