Thursday, May 28, 2009

My doctor's appointment...

Well my doctor's appt went well yesterday... for the most part.


We started out with getting an ultra sound to check Little Baby Anniston's heart rate, bladder, weight, etc. and to check my cervix, placenta, & uterus. Then we saw the doctor for my regular 2 week check-up & for him to go over the ultra sound with us. The doctor was very pleased with the way things were looking and how Baby Anniston was progressing. He said she weighs just a little over 2lbs now and is in the 50th percentile... :) so everything is right on track & she's doing perfect! (the extra 38lbs I've put on must be all her "accessories & purses" as Wormie & I like to think of it :)


Anyhoo... I have been having some really bad menstrual-like cramps for the past few days or so and told the dr about that... he said that I needed to start keeping track of how long they last and how far apart they are... he said the cramping is normal, but if they get to where they are 5 minutes apart or last longer than an hour, then he wants me to go straight to labor & delivery & he would meet me there! WOW!... that really scared me!... I'm only 6 1/2 months preggers so it was just a shock that he said that...


**SIDE NOTE** For those that don't know, I have to see my dr every 2 weeks (instead of every month like normal pregnant moms) because I have a bicornuate uterus... which means my uterus is mis-shapped. A normal uterus is shaped kinda like a balloon, but mine is more heart-shaped... which puts me at risk for preterm labor, cervical insufficiency, late-term miscarriages, as well as the baby being breached at time of birth which means I'll probably have to have a C-section... On the bright side, we found out about my uterus a long time ago during an ultra sound I had for a car accident Jeremy & I were in, so from the very beginning of my pregnancy the dr was aware of it & has been able to keep a close eye on me, which has been such a blessing... there are also lots of women who have this issue and go on to have completely healthy pregnancies... we just have to be really cautious and pay close attention to how my body is feeling...

Anyhoo... so the dr tells me this about going straight to labor & delivery if my cramps/contractions get to this point and he would run some tests to see if I am in preterm labor. If that's the case, he said he might be able to delay it and the next step would be to put me on steroids to help Baby Anniston's lungs develop faster in case we wouldn't be able to delay her birth any longer...so here we are... I'M TERRIFIED!!! <=[... which is a good thing for me, because I have a tendency of disregarding the way I feel because I don't want to make a big deal about it...

I've kept a log today of all my cramps and there really hasn't been a pattern so that's good! I've noticed they usually come on when I'm standing or walking so I've been getting them a lot during work- which makes for a really crappy day at work! :( ... The dr said to take it easy and just be careful because uncomfortable positions, standing, walking, and bending over tend to bring it on... When I'm at home, I'm normally fine because I can sit with my feet up and Sweet Wormie takes care of us :) ...[he's making us dinner right now as I blog!... I JUST LOVE HIM TO PIECES!!]...

Everyone please just pray for us as we go throughout this pregnancy!

In other bad news- Baby girl Anniston wasn't really in the mood for pictures yesterday at her photo shoot {errr- I mean ultra sound}... she had her little arm covering her sweet face for most of the time so we couldn't get a good picture yesterday... She must have had a bad hair day or something... Oh well...

To end this blog on a bright note... Sweet Wormie took me and Baby Anniston for a cherry coke Icee and a Slim Jim after the dr so that made me & baby happy! :)... it's the little things...

No comments:

Post a Comment