Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day weekend & Nursery Update...

Well Sweet Wormie & I had a busy Memorial Day Weekend...

We spent all day & night Saturday and half the day Sunday watching our 18 month old nephew, Owen. We have watched him a couple times before while Chris & Melissa went out to dinner, but this was our first overnight with him. We were really excited about getting to spend time with him and especially excited about getting some practice in for our little princess on the way.
Honestly, Owen is such an angel... EXTREMELY active, but still a little angel! He is such a good boy & we had a fun time with him, but boy was it a wake-up call for how hard & tiring it can be! (Thank GOD for nap time! :) Here are a few pics from our time with the "Owenator"...

This little boy LOVES being outside!

One of these boys let a little "bottom burp" slip :)... You can tell in the picture Owen didn't appreciate it too much! HA :)

I just love this... you can tell Owen has been hanging with "Uncle Wormie" a little too long... he's got his "collar popped" on his little polo shirt and is cleaning EVERYTHING!!!... Jeremy was SO proud! He followed Owen around with his iPhone and took 30 pictures I think!...
Jeremy pushed him around like this forever! I got tired just watching the two of them... Jeremy had sound effects & everything!...
Somebody cleaned his plate! What a good little eater he is!...


Our time with Owen also made me see even more what great a father Jeremy is going to be! He just loves spending time with Owen and is so good with him it just melts my heart! He even changed ALL the diapers- even the poopy ones!! Man, is this guy a keeper or what! :)

Nursery Update:
When we got home from our time with Owen, Jeremy continued to work on the nursery... Since my last update, Jeremy finished painting the walls.
His brother, Chris (aka Bob Vila), came over on Monday and they installed the chair rail...








As I type, Sweet Wormie is upstairs putting the final coats of paint on the chair rail and doing some final touch-ups on the walls... It looks AMAZING in there!!! I can't wait for it to be done! Every time I go in her room, I just get so excited. I absolutely LOVE the wall colors! It's so cheery! :)... I just want to get all her furniture and bedding in and sit in her rocker and just wait for her little arrival!!

I'll post some more pics of the finished walls soon... Wormie should have it all done by tonight...

We also ordered her crib and curtains so those should be arriving in the next week or two... Chris and Jeremy are also going to start working on the built-in we have planned for in there. So things are just moving right along...

Anyhoo... I have a doctor's appt tomorrow with an ultrasound, so I'll be sure to let you all know how that goes and post some more pics of Little Baby Anniston...


No comments:

Post a Comment