Monday, April 26, 2010

My baby is 9 months old!!...

So I'm a little behind with this post... but better late than never, right!? :)


I can't believe my sweet baby girl is already 9 months old! I can't say enough how fast time is racing by!... We celebrated her 9 months birthday last Monday by taking her out to a restaurant for dinner for the first time!...

We just went out to eat at a Mexican place close to our house because we knew it wouldn't be too crowded and we thought it would be "kid friendly"... We got Anniston set up in one of the restaurant high chairs with her cute pink & brown chair cover & surprisingly she did GREAT!!! Jeremy and I were able to eat & enjoy our dinner while she just played & looked around!


I even got a little daring and gave her a little taste of my guacamole!!! ;)

Then after dinner, the 3 of us went to Target! Up until now, I've always kept Anniston in her car seat & set that inside the shopping cart (or just went by myself) because let's face it, to me, a shopping cart is just as germie as a public restroom!! But with bleach wipes and our trusty shopping cart cover, we were in business! ;)


I think she had a GREAT time!... There's definitely a better "shopping view" out of her car seat and in the shopping cart!... I learned though that I had to pay close attention to how close the cart got to shelves and things because she was trying to grab everything! :)...



{So, I'm aware people with babies probably have been doing stuff like going to restaurants, sitting in high chairs & shopping carts for months, but we don't get out much- especially when "mom" is a germ-a-phob! LOL... we've been a little sheltered}


A few other things we've been up to the last couple weeks...


Trying new foods... One of Anniston's new favorite things is sharing grapes with mom on the couch after her bath...

And her new teething biscuits!...





She hasn't cut any teeth yet! I've been able to see them underneath her gums for a while... it's been like Christmas morning every day waiting to see if "Santa" delivered her teeth yet! Ha :)


And we've also started teaching her how to drive!... It's never too early right!?...











Really, we were waiting for my friend Stephanie to get home & I let Anniston up in the driver's seat & she had a ball!!! She could've played there for hours!

Last Thursday, our friends Stephanie & Drew kept Anniston for a couple hours while we went out to dinner! You can read about their adventures in babysitting for us by clicking here.


I've also still been taking her to swimming everyday... I'm going to try to write a separate post to update everyone on her progress!




1 comment:

  1. Jayne Miss Anniston is amazing! Wow what a doll!I know you are having so much fun being at home with her!

    ReplyDelete