Tuesday, April 20, 2010

March of Dimes & Space Babyfood...

Hi friends!
We had a little bit of a busy weekend!... On Saturday, I had an eye doctor's appointment in the morning, then a baby shower in the afternoon... On Sunday after church, Jeremy and I decided at the last minute to participate in the March of Dimes Walk for Babies event at Centennial Park. We had just signed up a few days before & wasn't sure what to expect but were determined to walk in honor of our own little preemie miracle baby...

After church we had just enough time to run in Bread & Co. to get a sandwich for Jeremy and I and head over to the park and change out of our church clothes & eat in the car! {it wasn't until we were done & got to the event tents that we realized they had lunch provided there! Oh well..}

Once we got settled, we found a nice spot under a tree and fed Sweet Baby girl her very first pre-packaged baby food! {GASP!} ;) ... So as most of you know I've always made my own babyfood for her... It's my new passion in life... I absolutely LOVE doing it! But after months of feeding her all homemade, organic goodness, I've decided to finally try to loosen up a little bit and try not to be so obsessive compulsive about what she eats... Up until now, I've always bought organic fruits, veggies & meat to feed her... but we've come to a crossroad where she'll soon be eating the same food Jeremy & I eat and we by no means eat ALL natural or organic, so it was either change the entire family's lifestyle to organic or slowly introduce baby girl to "real food" ;) I mean I can't keep her sheltered from Cheez-its and hot dogs for all her life right! {What kind of life would that be! ;) }...

Anyhoo... back to the pre-packaged baby food... I found this great stuff called Sprout!... It's organic baby food made by Chef Tyler Florence {who I'm a BIG fan of on the Food Network!}... It comes in this neat, BPA-free container which I refer to as a "space-pouch"...

I found a coupon at Publix for buy one get one free and decided to buy a few to keep on hand because I knew we had a couple days coming up where we weren't going to be able to be home for lunch to feed Anniston.... and Sunday was the BIG day she finally got to try it!...

We fed her the "Sweet potatoes with white beans" one and she loved it!!!...{She hasn't met much she hasn't liked! LOL}... and I felt somewhat comfortable that the ingredients were just sweet potatoes and white beans- the end!... No preservatives or chemicals I couldn't pronounce... We were all happy! {Don't worry, I'm not retiring my Beaba Babycook anytime soon! She's still gonna be a homemade babyfood girl!... We just have a healthy alternative in case of emergencies! ;) }

So after our bellies were all full, we started our walk! :)... It was the PERFECT spring weather in Nashville for a walk around Centenial Park! And to make it even sweeter, our friends Stephanie, Christal, Crystal & their significant others walked too!... This sweet little baby girl slept the entire 2 miles, but at least she participated right! Ha :)

Here we are at the finish line!... Anniston woke up just as we were about to snap the picture!

After the walk, Jeremy took me to Tasti D-lite to get a frozen yogurt!... This had such special meaning for me because while Anniston was in the NICU, Jeremy and I would visit her every day... When the NICU closed for nurse shift change from 6:00-8:00pm, we would go out to dinner somewhere close to the hospital & we would always pass this place while they were building it... I was hoping they would get done in time for us to go, but luckily Anniston got discharged from the hospital before they were done... So it was very fitting that we got to all go after walking in the March of Dimes walk celebrating our healthy baby!... It made my tasty treat even sweeter! :)
Later that evening, Jeremy went to the driving range & Anniston helped me with the laundry! ;) Really, I was cleaning up in our laundry room/guest bathroom & needed somewhere to put her while I cleaned... She had a ball just sitting in the laundry basket playing! LOL
I was also FINALLY able to get some organizing done in her closet & get out some of the toys she's finally big enough for that we've had for a while like this cute pink horsey!


Then it was bath time, then bedtime!... :)



2 comments:

  1. I LOVED that babyfood too! Interesting food combinations! Grant liked the spiced pear!
    Anniston is getting so big and she is so beautiful!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete