Friday, June 5, 2009

I think Martha Stewart is taking over my body...

OK... so I am SUPER-DUPER EXCITED!!!!... I've decided I am going to try to crochet Little Baby Anniston a blanket!


I have been wanting to try to do this from the beginning of my pregnancy, but just kept putting it off... My mom taught me how to crochet a long time ago in middle school, but its been so long that I forgot already... so I bought myself a little "teach yourself crochet" kit and some really pretty yarn to get started! :)



This may turn out to be a dissaster and all Little Anniston will end up with is a sorry excuse for a pot-holder or something... OR this may be the beginning of one of my new "stay-at-home mom hobbies"!!!... :) and soon everyone will get crocheted gifts from me! {wouldn't that just be delightful!!!} :)



Other "stay-at-home mom hobbies" on my to do list include planting a veggie garden & making my own baby food!!!... I CAN'T WAIT! :) ...


So the veggie garden will have to wait til next spring/summer before it will be planted because...


#1. I will not be going outside to dig in the ground & water the plants in 90 degree weather while I am 7 months pregnant... and


#2. I still have to convince Sweet Wormie into letting me have a garden! - and that might take a while to talk him into that idea :)... My track record for all things green & living has been a little tarnished in the past couple years because every year I talk Jeremy into spending a whole bunch of money on flowers & herbs and he's the one that ends up planting & watering them... and they eventually die anyway, so he's got me figured out by now and won't let me get anymore plants :( ... {this is also why he won't get me a dog, but that's another story}... it's all about baby steps right?!

I have day dreams about me & Little Anniston going out to the garden with our matching gardening aprons, gardening boots, & hats to pick fresh produce from the backyard...{Aaahhh, what sweet dreams they are!}... and yes, in my dreams I have a gardening apron on- of course! :) ... something very "Bre VanDecamp" from Desperate Housewives, with the matching gardening gloves too!! That's one of the best parts to having a garden isn't it~ to wear the outfit?! - I'm a believer that there's a perfect apron for every household occasion! :) {Wow! I think I just wrote a jinlge!} :)


As for the baby food making, there is this FABULOUS appliance at Williams Sonoma called the Beaba Babycook...





I have wanted this thing even before I was pregnant! It does it all!!... its a steamer, blender, warmer, & defroster all in one!!! All you basically have to do is cut up the veggies!...


So watch out Martha Stewart, I'm coming up your rearview! >=)... before you know it, I'll be crafting handbags out of coconuts or something crazy like that!! ...



3 comments:

  1. I just read on another blog that the Beaba Babycook thing is the best thing she had gotten when she had a baby!She said she still uses it and her baby is now 4! I think you need that forsure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll LOVE the babyfood maker! I have it and make most of Grants food! I have AWESOME BPA free storage containers... if you want the website I will send it to you!

    Now.. you make me want an apron and boots for my garden! HAHAHAH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jayne!! Crystal sent me your blog address! Congrats on your little one! I made my boys baby food and it definitely helps them transition to table foods better and faster. I have a link on my blog to a wesite with all sorts of recipes for the baby food. My blog is
    flenniken.blogspot.com

    So glad to see you have a blog!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete