Monday, October 5, 2009

Salmon & Couscous

I love to cook!... It hasn't always been that way though. My love for cooking really started to surface once I got married and had someone to cook for. And I probably didn't become all the great of a cook until after the first year of marriage ;)


I'm a little addicted to watching the Food Network cooking shows too. My favorite Food Network stars are Giada De Laurentiis, Ina Garten, & Paula Deen. I even subscribe to the Food Network magazine- which I would recommend to anyone- it is packed with tons of great reciepes! Its one of those magazines that you just have to read cover to cover so it always takes me so long to finish an issue.


Since I have a great love of cooking, I thought I would start to share some of my favorite reciepes in some of the blogs I post...

This one is SUPER simple & SUPER fast! It's for a baked salmon & couscous dish that has become one of Jeremy & mine's favorite simple & healthy dinner meals... The recipe is from Bobby Deen...


For the salmon:

Preheat oven to 350

Drizzle a little EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) on the bottom of your baking dish

Put salmon in dish (When I make it, we just use 2 pieces of salmon, but you can use up to 4 pieces)

Squeeze fresh lime juice over salmon (for 2 pieces of salmon, I use 1/2 a lime)
Sprinkle a little salt, pepper, & garlic powder to taste

And top with a little tab of butter on each piece
Bake salmon for 20 minutes


For the couscous:

Bring 2 1/4cup chicken broth to a boil
Stir in 10oz box of couscous & follow directions on box {The directions on my box just says when you stir couscous in boiling liquid, take off burner & cover for 5 minutes. Then fluff with fork}





Once cooked, add a little butter to taste
Add diced tomatoes, crumbled feta, & sliced green onions








To plate it, I just put a heaping scoop of the couscous on the bottom & top with the salmon. I also add a few extra diced tomatoes, feta, & green onions on top to make it look pretty... :)



So YUMMY!! Hope you enjoy! ;)














1 comment:

  1. ME TOO! Those are my three faves too! I also like Guys Big Bite! The Neeley's have great recipes too but Gina gets on my nerves!!!! I get Paula's magazine but not the Food Network one.. that might be a good Christmas Gift to ask for!!!
    Your dinner looked great!

    ReplyDelete