Saturday, October 3, 2009

Newborn pics...

So I have totally been neglecting my blog!! I knew I was gonna be busy being a new mommy, but I had no idea how full my days were gonna be! LOL ;)

First let me just say, I LOVE BEING A STAY AT HOME MOM!! It truly is the best decision I have made! Nonetheless, there are times and things that I miss about being a career woman, but I would never trade places back if I don't have to. I just think all the time about how God truly was guiding our path and we made the best decision for our family when we decided for me to stop working. Especially with Anniston being a preemie, we have to be extra careful about what and who we expose her to. Her doctor doesn't want her to be around any kids because her immune system is so fragile still, so I couldn't imagine if we had to take her to a daycare! -aside from the fact that I miss her dearly even if I'm away from her for a couple hours! ;)

We are finally getting into a good routine too- and I am a BIG fan of structure & having my days organized. She still wakes up every 2 1/2 to 3 hours in the middle of the night to eat (the last few nights, she's slept about 6 hours straight so that was refreshing since I hadn't slept that long in I don't know how long! :) so we'll usually stay in bed til 9 or 10 o'clock. Then we'll come downstairs and I'll have breakfast while she swings in her lamb chair. We fill the rest of our day up with me reading to her and making up silly songs & singing to her throughout the day. We have a lot of fun together! (Well I think so... since she can't talk yet she might think I'm a lunatic with a really bad singing voice! LOL ;)

Since the weather's been so nice lately, we've been taking long walks around the neighborhood too. It's been wonderful! I absolutely LOVE this time of year!!
She's also been going through this phase (well I think its a phase) where she likes to be held & cuddled all day long! She'll usually fall asleep in my arms or on my chest & as soon as I try to lay her down somewhere, she wakes up and starts to cry :( so needless to say, its hard to get things done sometimes with a sleeping baby attached to my hip! :) But I love cuddling with her & I just think when she gets older she's not gonna wanna cuddle with mom so I'm going to enjoy it while I can!

Here's some of Anniston's newborn pictures we had done back in August that I never posted... She's actually doubled in size since we took these! She weighed only about 5lbs when we had these taken... now at 2months old, she's about 10lbs (the size of some newborns!)












Well, that's it for now... I'll try to be better about posting more often! :)







1 comment:

  1. Nichole SatterwhiteOctober 9, 2009 at 9:29 AM

    Aww, she is stunning Jayne! What a blessing! So glad you are able to stay home with her! Enjoy and great job Mom!

    ReplyDelete