Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's harvest time at our house...

So I've spent most of my day cleaning, organizing, and putting out fall decorations today. I just have to say this is my absolute favorite time of year!! The weather, the leaves changing colors, the start of the Holiday season, fall time decorations, pumpkin flavored candles & food galore!!... I just adore this time, I get so giddy thinking about it! :)

Anyhoo, so Jeremy & I registered for a vacuum cleaner on our baby registry because the one we have belonged to my mom, so there's no telling how old that thing is! It's so hard to push that Jeremy actually did all the vacuuming because my puney arms just weren't strong enough! :) Plus, I really don't think it sucked that well so we were really overdue for a new one. {Trust me, I've put off buying a new one for a while cause I kinda liked that Jeremy always did the vacuuming, but with the new baby & me being at home all the time, the time was finally right} Jeremy's boss gave us a very generous gift card to Target so we used part of that to buy a new vacuum. {I had debated between the vacuum & a jogging stroller, but decided the jogging stroller can wait another month or two...}
Let me just say, I was like a little kid on Christmas morning with this new vacuum! I bought it yesterday & hadn't taken it out of the box yet and while trying to fall asleep last night, I was literally dreaming of vacuuming the house from top to bottom! {ok so in my dream I was wearing an apron & high heels, but that's beside the point!} LOL :)
Anyhoo, today when I was vacuuming I was totally grossed out at what was being sucked out of our carpet! Its like we had never vacuumed before! {our old vacuum is one of those that has a bag and this new one is bagless so you can see instantly all the junk inside!} When I emptied it, there was so much dog hair- and we DON'T have a dog!! (the previous owners of this house did)... so needless to say, after seeing that, I was on a mission! I think I vacuumed for 3 hours straight! I even vacuumed the vacuum when I was done cause it was covered in dust! :)
I've also already decided, Jeremy & I's next home purchase is going to be a steam carpet cleaner (or we are paying someone to professionally clean our carpets)... Just thinking of Sweet Anniston crawling around on this carpet makes me sick!
So while I was on my vacuuming spree, I was also on a mission to get our downstairs organized so it didn't look like baby gear has taken over the house... Looking around now, I think I did a pretty good job. I can't stand clutter! So sitting in this house everyday, all day long with baby stuff EVERYWHERE was driving me bananas!
I feel like I can finally breathe a happy sigh of relief with my house in order, the fall decorations out, & my favorite new fall-time candle burning... all I need now is a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks & I would be in harvest heaven! ;)

1 comment:

  1. We miss you guys and are SO ready for you to be back at church! BUT, I'm excited for you in the purchase of your new vacuum and that you're loving staying home. Keep baby Anniston healthy. We can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete